Monday, August 27, 2012

Miscellaneous Monday

 

Like most people I know, it has been a very busy Summer. Labor Day is almost here, and it feels like the year is going by too fast.

For me, things are going to slow down a bit now, and I am really looking forward to writing again for Feast Everyday.

So, there is time to ponder important questions like: What's the difference between a buckle and cobbler? Or a crumble and a crisp ? Or a Betty and a Pandowdy? And what the heck is a Grunt?

They are all variations on baked fruit desserts. If you are curious, too, here's the best link I found which explains what they are and their history: http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/CobblerHistory.htm

Thank you to everyone who has been sending in recipes. The blueberry -picking post really brought out the recipes!

I will be making Christine's Blueberry Zucchini Bread myself this week, as we will be having guests over the weekend.

Happy End of Summer,

B

 

No comments:

Post a Comment