Mini Pumpkin Dark Chocolate Chip Muffins
Made them again this week --
So, thought I'd share a couple of tips I've learned since I have made them so many times:
- 1) dark chocolate chips work the best
- 2) 2 cups of chips come in one bag, so you can make a double batch with one bag
- 3) but there isn't quite enough pumpkin in one can for a double batch, so I use applesauce to make up the difference and they taste just as good if not better
- 4) make one batch as mini-muffins and the other as regular muffins, and bake them at the same time
- Measure and mix the ingredients while the oven heats up,
- 12 - 25 minutes for the muffins, depending on the size
- and another 10 to let them cool before popping them out of the pan.
This is a stir by hand recipe. No mixer necessary. Easy but very tasty.
Pumpkin flavored drinks like beer and lattes seem to be all the rage this fall.
Why not add a muffin to the mix?
Here's the link to the original recipe: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins