About Feast Everyday

Based in Corning, New York and the beautiful Finger Lakes. Started in 2009 by Barbara Blumer with her family and friends. Her husband, Tom, now regularly contributes, too.

Over 900 Recipes and still growing

From muffins to curries with step-by-step photos and how-to tips: see recipe index https://feasteveryday.blogspot.com/p/recipes-index.html

Search This Food Blog

Monday, April 20, 2009

This Week's Guest Blogger is ...Emily!

Aunt Barbara, So my mom tells me that you have been wanting me to send some recipes in. I'm not a very good cook, but there are few things people seem to eat. =) Snickerdoodles. I made them recently as something for fiesta at work.

Snickerdoodles 1 cup butter softened 1 1/2 cups white sugar 2 eggs 2 teaspoons vanilla 2 3/4 cups flour 2 teaspoons cream of tartar 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/4 teaspoon salt Preheat oven to 400F. Cream butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Blend in flour, cream of tartar, soda, and salt. I make pretty big balls because I think little cookies are dumb. Then I just eat more of them! So roll the ball in cinnamon and sugar. I use a lot of cinnamon because I like it. Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Mine usually take 9 minutes. I saw you already made a carrot cake, but mine is a little different so here it is. I made carrot cake around Halloween so I colored the icing orange and put brown sprinkles on top. Carrot Cake. Cake ingredients: 4 eggs 1 1/4 cup veg. oil 2 cups white sugar 2 teaspoons vanilla 2 cups flour 2 teaspoons baking soda 2 teaspoons baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 teaspoons cinnamon 3 cups grated carrots 1 cup pecans Heat oven to 350F. Grease 9x13 pan. Beat eggs, oil, white sugar, and vanilla. Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Stir in carrots and pecans. Bake for 40-50 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes and then take out of the pan if you want. Frosting Ingredients: 1/2 cup butter, softened 8 ounces cream cheese, softened 4 cups confectioners sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla 1 cup pecans Combine everything except pecans and beat until smooth. Stir in pecans. Pasta - Emily's Way

I also have a really simple pasta I make a lot, but don't really have a name for, nor do I know if anybody else would like it because I only make it for myself, so I would suggest you try it first...

So I usually use shell pasta and cook it and then add whatever fresh ingredients I have. Some past ingredients have been cherry tomatoes, arugula, fresh basil, or spinach. I always have tomatoes and usually add something green whatever I happen to have, but the key is to add the ingredients right after the pasta cooks so they are only half cooked. Then I add goat cheese and let it melt. Then I add salt and pepper until it tastes good. It's probably the easiest thing ever and probably not Feast-worthy but I like ;) I'll take a picture the next time I make it.

By the way I made the bacon wrapped chicken one night for Tom and I and we both liked it a lot. Emily