About Feast Everyday

Based in Corning, New York and the beautiful Finger Lakes. Started in 2009 by Barbara Blumer with her family and friends. Her husband, Tom, now regularly contributes, too.

Over 900 Recipes and still growing

From muffins to curries with step-by-step photos and how-to tips: see recipe index https://feasteveryday.blogspot.com/p/recipes-index.html

Search This Food Blog

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Lemon Mustard Chicken by McJane

                                                                    Photo by Barbara

Note:  To distinguish between my sister, Jane, and our friend, Jane, I have dubbed her McJane.

We made her Lemon Mustard Chicken tonight for dinner. It was bright, and lemony.  And easy.  Thanks for contributing, McJane! 

Hey Barbara!

Just looked at your blog- haven't done that for a while. I enjoyed it. Do you ever put out challenges for recipes? We cook a lot and I am always on the hunt for a recipe that is easy enough for one of my daughters to handle with only a little supervision.

The food channel was on as I was cruising the Internet and I caught one of those 10 second blurbs - kind of. So I jotted down what I thought was said, and then just made it my own since I am sure I missed some of it. Thought you might be doing something around easy dishes, or cook with the kids dishes at some point. Even Kevin, who is a huge critic, loved it. The next night my other daughter and I did a great stew made with brisket marinated in a bottle of chianti - that was scrumptious too! But anyway, here is the info on the chicken if you want it.

Here is what we did (my daughter and I) and it turned out to have fabulous flavor:

Lemon Mustard Chicken

5 boneless skinless chicken breasts

Marinade: (make 2 of these and put in separate containers)
  • Lemon juice (I didn't measure but probably half a cup)
  •  2 T Dijon mustard
  • Salt and pepper
  • Olive oil (I didn't measure but about 1/3 cup)
  • 2 T minced garlic
Marinade boneless, skinless chicken breasts in mixture in refrigerator for at least an hour in a glass baking dish using one of the containers of marinade (we left it in for more like 2 hours).

Bake in oven at 350 degrees for at least one hour

Pull from oven and pour second marinade over chicken (can warm marinade slightly in microwave first) and cover with foil. Let this rest 10 minutes on counter. Serve over rice with a vegetable side dish.

I would love to have a recipe for a fudgy brownie - that doesn't fall apart - not a cake - and I want to use splenda in it. I have not found a recipe that we like as well as those stupid boxed ones. Can you help? I've tried so many recipes, but they never have the chewy texture or flavor and don't pass the family's test.

Did you see Julie and Julia? Made me want to read a Julia Child biography.

           -------Jane Mc