About Feast Everyday

Based in Corning, New York and the beautiful Finger Lakes. Started in 2009 by Barbara Blumer with her family and friends. Her husband, Tom, now regularly contributes, too.

Over 900 Recipes and still growing

From muffins to curries with step-by-step photos and how-to tips: see recipe index https://feasteveryday.blogspot.com/p/recipes-index.html

Search This Food Blog

Friday, May 14, 2010

CLEAN FOOD Cookbook By Jane

CLEAN FOOD by Terry Walters

Cookbook I bought as a graduation present for Tom's girlfriend, Sarah. It looks very interesting and useful for healthy eating. The quote at the top says "Clean Food is the most exciting book based on fresh produce and simple recipes I have used in years." MARIO BATALI
   -----Jane

First of all, congratulations to nephew, Tom,  and his girlfriend, on their graduation from college this weekend!  And thanks to Jane for taking the time in the midst of all the festivities to photograph the CLEAN FOOD cookbook and send a photo of it to me for the blog. 

I looked up CLEAN FOOD and found it has tons of beautiful photos and very healthy recipes in it. 
It almost Vegan.  And I have always wondered how Vegans eat well and navigate in the world without starving or eating the same thing everyday.  I won't be a Vegan anytime soon, but I will definitely check this book out the next time I go to the bookstore. 

You don't have to get the book to see some of her recipes.  Just check out her website. http://www.terrywalters.net/.  I saw a recipe for Lemony Artichoke Dip on her website that caught my eye.  I am thinking of making it for a BBQ we are going to tomorrow evening.  Love the photograph of the artichokes, too.
                 -----Barbara