About Feast Everyday

Based in Corning, New York and the beautiful Finger Lakes. Started in 2009 by Barbara Blumer with her family and friends. Her husband, Tom, now regularly contributes, too.

Over 900 Recipes and still growing

From muffins to curries with step-by-step photos and how-to tips: see recipe index https://feasteveryday.blogspot.com/p/recipes-index.html

Search This Food Blog

Friday, July 9, 2010

Best Pork Ribs by Colleen

Hi Barbara,

I tried the Best Pork ribs recipe on Alexandra's Kitchen blog that Tara told me about. It was very easy and everyone enjoyed it:

3-4 lbs pork ribs rinsed and patted dry.

Sprinkle both sides with freshly cracked pepper, kosher salt and smoked paprika. Pack on 1- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar. Wrap in heavy duty foil, three times. Bake at 275 degrees for 2.5 hours. Remove from oven and let sit unopened for 1 hour. Reheat at 350 for 15 minutes or reheat under broiler for a few minutes. If refrigerated, reheat for 45 minutes.  Serve!

The recipe did not give amounts except for the brown sugar. I put on too much cracked pepper. I made the ribs the day before we ate them, so I scraped off a lot of the pepper before I refrigerated them and it toned it
down a lot. I would guess about 2 teaspoons of cracked pepper, about a tablespoon of smoked paprika and 1 tablespoon of kosher salt. But it all depends on the size of the slab. Next time I'm going to add a little garlic
powder too.

The ribs were fall of the bone tender.

No photo as I just doesn't occur to me to photograph things while in the kitchen!

           ----Colleen