About Feast Everyday

Based in Corning, New York and the beautiful Finger Lakes. Started in 2009 by Barbara Blumer with her family and friends. Her husband, Tom, now regularly contributes, too.

Over 900 Recipes and still growing

From muffins to curries with step-by-step photos and how-to tips: see recipe index https://feasteveryday.blogspot.com/p/recipes-index.html

Search This Food Blog

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Blueberry Cobbler by Emily

Aunt Barbara,

My mom and I were in Maine a few weeks ago and on the way back bought some blueberries at a roadside stand. I decided to make a blueberry cobbler with them. I found this Rachel Ray recipe on the Internet and it was really good!

I think in the future though if making it in a pie dish I would halve the dough part of the recipe because there was too much for a pie dish. Wish I still had more blueberries so I could try the blueberry-peach custard pie, too!

             ----Em

Blueberry Cobbler by Emily

Blueberry Cobbler
by Rachel Ray

INGREDIENTS:

Two 12-ounce packages frozen blueberries -- I used fresh
1/3 cup plus 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 sticks (6 ounces) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
2/3 cup whole milk
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract- I like vanilla so I used a whole teaspoon

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat the oven to 375°. Butter an 8-by-8-by-2-inch baking dish. I used a pie dish.

Mix the blueberries with 1/3 cup of the sugar and 2 tablespoons of the flour. Spoon into the baking dish.

In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining 11/2 cups of flour and 3 tablespoons of sugar with the baking powder and salt. Cut the butter into the flour mixture with a pastry blender or 2 knives until it resembles coarse meal. Add the milk and vanilla and stir with a fork to form a wet, sticky dough. Drop rounded teaspoons of the dough over the top of the blueberries to cover them. Sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar on top of the cobbler and place the baking dish on the middle rack of the oven. I sprinkled some cinnamon on top too.

(Place aluminum foil on the rack directly below the cobbler to catch any juices that might spill over.) Bake for 45 minutes, or until the top is golden-brown and the fruit filling is bubbling up through the crust. I only baked mine for 40 .

Let the cobbler cool for at least 20 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.






=