About Feast Everyday

Based in Corning, New York and the beautiful Finger Lakes. Started in 2009 by Barbara Blumer with her family and friends. Her husband, Tom, now regularly contributes, too.

Over 900 Recipes and still growing

From muffins to curries with step-by-step photos and how-to tips: see recipe index https://feasteveryday.blogspot.com/p/recipes-index.html

Search This Food Blog

Friday, April 8, 2011

Brownie Bake-off: Tom's Brownies

Tom's Brownies

I have entered my surefire method of making brownies into the Brownie Bake-off.  Here's how I do it.  Quite simply I use a good boxed brownie mix and I add chocolate chips to make them extra chocolate-y and gooey.  Barbara is wondering if a box mix is going to be more popular even than homemade, as the initial results have come back pretty positive.

Ingredients
1 box of your favorite brownie mix...for my brownies I used Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate
Additions per the box's directions, which usually include an egg, water and vegetable oil
Semi-sweet chocolate bits...my addition to the ingredients...I had to contribute something!

An interesting step, which I have not seen before, is to mix all of the wet ingredients first to have them well combined.  Then add the mixture from the box.  I also sprinkled in a handful of semi-sweet chocolate chips into the batter just to give it a little more chocolate taste and texture.
I sprayed the baking dish with PAM butter non-stick cooking spray.  Emptied the batter into the baking dish, and then generously added a top layer of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Bake per the box's directions and be sure to not overbake brownies.  It may look like the brownies are not finished baking when you remove them from the oven.  That is okay, as they continue to "bake" a little bit more during cool-down.
Barbara bagged them up to deliver to the taste testers.  What a good job to have!!!  Tasting that is.

I found these brownies to be very good.  Nice and chewy and lots of chocolate flavor.  And...they were extremely easy to make.  A plus!

                 ---Tom