About Feast Everyday

Based in Corning, New York and the beautiful Finger Lakes. Started in 2009 by Barbara Blumer with her family and friends. Her husband, Tom, now regularly contributes, too.

Over 900 Recipes and still growing

From muffins to curries with step-by-step photos and how-to tips: see recipe index https://feasteveryday.blogspot.com/p/recipes-index.html

Search This Food Blog

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Sunday Waffles by Tom

Sunday Waffles by Tom

Waffles.  A good way to start a relaxing Sunday.  I have been making waffles for years on Sundays since the kids were little.  Now that they are grown up, I still make them for us and for them whenever they come for a visit.  Guests too! 

I like to add a little something extra to my waffle batter whether it be pecans or berries.  In this recipe I added pecans.  I also substituted buttermilk for the milk.  I also added about a teaspoon of vanilla, and a tablespoon or so of pure maple syrup.  Gives a little sweetness to the waffles.

Give it a try and I think you will like the results.

                             ---Tom

Ingredients

Packaged Waffle mix - use the proportions on the box
Eggs
Oil
Buttermilk
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup

I got a new waffle maker recently, Chef's Choice.  I have had to play around and test different settings until I finally found the right settings for crisp on the outside, soft on the inside waffles.

After you have mixed all of the ingredients in a bowl, let it sit for about 5 minutes or even a little longer.  The batter comes together during this sitting period.

Plug in your waffle maker and heat until it is ready, i.e., hot!, while the batter is resting.

Depending on your waffle maker, add about 1/3 cup of the batter.  Cook until the light goes off, or the waffle maker beeps, or there is a minimum amount of steam coming from the waffle maker.

 


Remove the waffle and serve on a plate with butter (optional) and maple syrup (not optional).  These are good waffles!!!


Spring time tulips at our kitchen table with maple syrup for our waffles.

             ---Tom