About Feast Everyday

Based in Corning, New York and the beautiful Finger Lakes. Started in 2009 by Barbara Blumer with her family and friends. Her husband, Tom, now regularly contributes, too.

Over 900 Recipes and still growing

From muffins to curries with step-by-step photos and how-to tips: see recipe index https://feasteveryday.blogspot.com/p/recipes-index.html

Search This Food Blog

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

My Paris Kitchen Cookbook by David Lebovitz

David Lebovitz's Cookbook:  My Paris Kitchen

At the bookstore, I intended to buy a cookbook for our granddaughter's 7th birthday ---but couldn't find anything appropriate, does anyone have one to recommend? ---  but came home with a gift for myself:  "My Paris Kitchen" by David Lebovitz.

I was not aware of his popular blog "Living the Sweet Life in Paris" but now I am.  Check it out:  http://www.davidlebovitz.com/

He is a expat expert in French/California cooking with some international flavors.  And a baker.

What made me not want to leave the bookstore without his cookbook were three things:

1.  His writing style is fun and engaging.  Not too fussy or rigid in his thinking and approach to food.  I love a cookbook when you can hear the author's voice as you follow along.

2.  Buckwheat --- one of my interests since we live near the buckwheat-growing "capital"--- was in many of the recipes ---which surprised me --- and intrigued me.

3.  And there is a whole section on baking madeleines! Given my recent experience with them,  I am hoping he can teach me how to make them properly.

Oh, and did I say, he also loves chocolate!

B