About Feast Everyday

Based in Corning, New York and the beautiful Finger Lakes. Started in 2009 by Barbara Blumer with her family and friends. Her husband, Tom, now regularly contributes, too.

Over 900 Recipes and still growing

From muffins to curries with step-by-step photos and how-to tips: see recipe index https://feasteveryday.blogspot.com/p/recipes-index.html

Search This Food Blog

Monday, June 9, 2014

"Twister" Grilled Sesame Chicken from Chris


At Wegman's last week, I ran in to friend and blog contributor, Chris S., and asked her about her Sesame Chicken recipe which I ran across when I was looking for the Asian BBQ Chicken recipe I recently posted.

Is it a good recipe?  I couldn't remember it.  She said "yes!"

"Plus I remember when I first made it.  It was for a fund-raiser at Corning Museum of Glass in the old auditorium and we played Twister!"  

(She also said to be sure to marinate it for a long time.)

"Twister" Grilled Sesame Chicken from Chris

So, I decided to make it.  We've had it twice last week.  Unfortunately, we burnt it the first time.

It was a little salty for our taste so I left out the salt the second time.  The sesame oil and the sesame seeds are the dominate flavor ---which I really like.

Love how simple this recipe is. The meat was very moist, too.

Marinated Charcoaled Sesame Chicken
(from Chris S., c. 1989)

Serves 6

1 whole chicken cut up or breasts
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup water
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 t. sesame oil
2 T. minced onion
2 T. sesame seeds
1 T. sugar
1 t. ground ginger
3/4 t. salt
1 clove garlic, minced
1/8 t. red pepper

1. Mix all ingredients except chicken.

2. Pour over chicken.  Marinate for 12 hours.
3. Cook on outside grill.

B