About Feast Everyday

Based in Corning, New York and the beautiful Finger Lakes. Started in 2009 by Barbara Blumer with her family and friends. Her husband, Tom, now regularly contributes, too.

Over 900 Recipes and still growing

From muffins to curries with step-by-step photos and how-to tips: see recipe index https://feasteveryday.blogspot.com/p/recipes-index.html

Search This Food Blog

Thursday, October 23, 2014

More Proof that Green Tomatoes Will Ripen

More Proof Green Tomatoes Will Ripen

I bought these green tomatoes to paint, not eat, because I liked their spidery-looking leaves and their glossy green skins.  
But I had to go away on a trip, and left them sitting in my studio.  
A week later, when I returned, they were no longer green!  I was wishing I had painted them before I left.
And here they are a week later.  Almost completely red and ripe.

They should be ready to eat soon!

So, I'd say, don't compost all of your green tomatoes, bring some inside and let them ripen slowly.

It takes about 3 weeks.

To read what I wrote about ripening green tomatoes before: http://feasteveryday.blogspot.com/2013/10/will-green-tomatoes-ripen.html

B