About Feast Everyday

Based in Corning, New York and the beautiful Finger Lakes. Started in 2009 by Barbara Blumer with her family and friends. Her husband, Tom, now regularly contributes, too.

Over 900 Recipes and still growing

From muffins to curries with step-by-step photos and how-to tips: see recipe index https://feasteveryday.blogspot.com/p/recipes-index.html

Search This Food Blog

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Japan for February

February is the Japanese Table 

This month's tablescape will be more of a challenge for me as we don't cook many Japanese recipes.

Okazu fish, edamame, miso soup, sake, mochi, udon, cheery blossom, green tea, sushi, rice are on the table.

But I am up for the challenge!

I will share what I learn along the way.

One thing that has already caught my eye is the recent trend for green tea that is grown in the shade.

So I think I will start there.  More about that tomorrow.

In contrast, this afternoon we are off to a Superbowl party with a Frito Pie (click here to see recipe) made by Tom in tow.

That's about as far away from Japanese food as you can get!

B