About Feast Everyday

Based in Corning, New York and the beautiful Finger Lakes. Started in 2009 by Barbara Blumer with her family and friends. Her husband, Tom, now regularly contributes, too.

Over 900 Recipes and still growing

From muffins to curries with step-by-step photos and how-to tips: see recipe index https://feasteveryday.blogspot.com/p/recipes-index.html

Search This Food Blog

Sunday, March 22, 2009

My New Toy

Favorite tools and gadgets make cooking everyday more fun -- at least for me --- so I was thrilled to finally find a replacement for one of my favs that died, but I sorely missed--- My new toy is shown here on the right.
Yes, Jeanne, I found an electric pepper grinder -- with a light, too! She used to tease me mercilessly about my original electric pepper grinder. This one is even better---It comes with a snap-on bottom cap to collect stray pepper dust. Very nifty. And a see-through section so you know how many peppercorns are left. It has a stainless steel grinder to boot. And it was a bargain! I was in B,B&B buying a ironing board because Tom had destroyed ours while "repairing" it --- and had one of their coupons that they are endlessly sending out -- so I checked out the gadget section and there it was. Not a big seller, obviously, it was on the bottom shelf. But I knew it was mine. We use lots and lots of fresh pepper plus my hand is worn out from years of twisting while making jewelry, so it was easy to rationalize buying it. I am curious whether other people are attached to any of their gadgets in their kitchens, and what they are.