About Feast Everyday

Based in Corning, New York and the beautiful Finger Lakes. Started in 2009 by Barbara Blumer with her family and friends. Her husband, Tom, now regularly contributes, too.

Over 900 Recipes and still growing

From muffins to curries with step-by-step photos and how-to tips: see recipe index https://feasteveryday.blogspot.com/p/recipes-index.html

Search This Food Blog

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

PB&J in the Park



This was my treat for the week. An adult PB&J sandwich for lunch in the park.

I am avoiding peanut butter at home in an effort to lose weight, but I am letting myself have it once a week when I am out, so I don't feel deprived.

Got the PB&J sandwich from Ithaca Bakery --- which has been expanded and is better than ever if you haven't been recently --using their wonderful multi-grain bread. Had the bread toasted, which made the peanut butter melt a little. The apricot jam was perfect - not too sweet. Good ingredients can make even PB&J special!