About Feast Everyday

Based in Corning, New York and the beautiful Finger Lakes. Started in 2009 by Barbara Blumer with her family and friends. Her husband, Tom, now regularly contributes, too.

Over 900 Recipes and still growing

From muffins to curries with step-by-step photos and how-to tips: see recipe index https://feasteveryday.blogspot.com/p/recipes-index.html

Search This Food Blog

Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Year Ago Today


A year ago today, I started Feast Everyday. What started out as a tonic for the winter blues has turned into one of my favorite things to do. 

Blogging is fun.  Blogging about food is even more fun!  Blogging about food with family and friends is -- well --the best! 

Thank you to everyone who has been following the blog!

To celebrate -- and to try something new which I have been wanting to do --I am making a book (yes, a book -- I only had to order just one) using one of the online, on-demand book services. I am using Blurb. 

Blurb has a program where you can download your blog and create your own design.  You then upload it to their server and they have it printed for you somewhere in the world, and then have it mailed directly to you in 7 to 10 days. It's all digital.  Amazing, eh? 

It will arrive in early Feb.  We'll see how it looks.  I just thought it would be nice to have a record.  You never know, the blog might disappear into cyberspace. 

It has been fun to look back on the year.  I had forgotten about the Kahlua Cake (what a disaster!), for example.     

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to the blog -- by sending me comments from time to time -- or for providing entries and recipes.

One of my favorite parts of blogging has been taking the photos.  But I wore out my little camera --- from the steam and the wear and tear of it being a kitchen camera.  My supportive husband has given me a new one. Same version, newer edition.  Love the Lumix.

So, I am starting a new year with a new camera and a clean slate.

And a clean kitchen.  (I have spent the last few weeks -- with Tom's help --cleaning out one drawer or closet a day -- and the tops of the cabinets where icky things live.   It was an awful job, but I am glad it is done now.)

FYI - This year's theme may be "Food Adventures" versus "Recipes & Techniques."  Gives me a little more free rein.

At any rate, I am looking forward to blogging for a second year of Feast Everyday.