About Feast Everyday

Based in Corning, New York and the beautiful Finger Lakes. Started in 2009 by Barbara Blumer with her family and friends. Her husband, Tom, now regularly contributes, too.

Over 900 Recipes and still growing

From muffins to curries with step-by-step photos and how-to tips: see recipe index https://feasteveryday.blogspot.com/p/recipes-index.html

Search This Food Blog

Saturday, March 20, 2010

First Crocus, Iris and Robin

First Crocus and Iris
While Tom is in Buffalo for the NCAA basketball tournament this weekend, I am enjoying doing my outdoor Spring chores before the weather turns cold again.  Pruning, cleaning the birdhouses, picking up all of the branches that came down over the winter, feeding the emerging peonies, etc. 

This morning I made a hearty two egg omelette with sauteed mushrooms and Muenster cheese which will last me throughout the day.  Later it will be soup and a movie.  I'd rather be outside than cook. 

Just came inside to take a break and post this photo I just took.  The miniature iris and crocus have just bloomed.  Plus I saw my first robin today!

Bought this little handmade vase last year at the consignment shop where my Mom lived, not knowing what I would do with it.  It's only 2.5- 3 inches tall.  It's a lovely yellow ochre color and has a cherry blossom relief. 

It seems perfect to bring out for a beautiful day like today.  I like remembering celebrating the first robin last year with my Mom.