About Feast Everyday

Based in Corning, New York and the beautiful Finger Lakes. Started in 2009 by Barbara Blumer with her family and friends. Her husband, Tom, now regularly contributes, too.

Over 900 Recipes and still growing

From muffins to curries with step-by-step photos and how-to tips: see recipe index https://feasteveryday.blogspot.com/p/recipes-index.html

Search This Food Blog

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunflower Sunday

It's Sunday here at the lake and I am feeling very lazy and not very motivated to write up a recipe for the blog, although I do have some great new recipes to post, including one for grilled honey-hoisin pork tenderloin.  Instead, I thought I'd share my sunflowers with you. 

This summer it's not only the produce that has been abundant.  I've been buying a bouquet of sunflowers each week.  You get a half dozen sunflowers with three millet stalks for $2.50 at the Mennonite farm stand just up the hill from here.  You can't beat price and they last a week.  I am keeping them on the tray on the deck where I ripen my tomatoes and fruit, next to the all-important rain gauge and thermometer.

The sunflowers make me happy every time I see them sitting out there in the sun.