About Feast Everyday

Based in Corning, New York and the beautiful Finger Lakes. Started in 2009 by Barbara Blumer with her family and friends. Her husband, Tom, now regularly contributes, too.

Over 900 Recipes and still growing

From muffins to curries with step-by-step photos and how-to tips: see recipe index https://feasteveryday.blogspot.com/p/recipes-index.html

Search This Food Blog

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Don't Do This

Before

Not all of my experiments turn out as I hope they will.  This is one that really surprised me.    Doesn't it look like a pretty combination?

I roasted a pork tenderloin with red grapes from the farm stand, garlic, grape jelly, red pepper flakes and rosemary.

After
Well, it was awful!  I have never tried roasting anything with fresh grapes or grape jelly before. Look how much juice there is! It became a boiled meat.  Yikes!

I tried this when I was still at the lake and Tom was traveling.  I thought I'd use up what we had on hand.  I ate a few pieces then put the rest of it in the freezer.  Tom is lucky he missed this experiment. 

Now I have to think up how to salvage the meat.  I will probably shred it up and coat it with Dijon mustard, and then a smokey BBQ sauce, and put it in a wrap or a quesadilla.