About Feast Everyday

Based in Corning, New York and the beautiful Finger Lakes. Started in 2009 by Barbara Blumer with her family and friends. Her husband, Tom, now regularly contributes, too.

Over 900 Recipes and still growing

From muffins to curries with step-by-step photos and how-to tips: see recipe index https://feasteveryday.blogspot.com/p/recipes-index.html

Search This Food Blog

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Low and Slow Sauteed Sweet Potatoes


Sauteing Sweet Potatoes

I heard on Dr. Oz that sweet potatoes are one the best foods for you.  But I don't really like the texture of them when they are baked like a regular potato.  So, I thought I would try sauteing them low and slow like you do when you caramelize onions.

I used one sweet potato and cut in 1/4 inch slices, then heated a little olive oil in a skillet, laid them out in one layer, then cooked the slices low and slow.  Start with your pan hot and then turn it down to low for the remainder of the time.


It took me about 20 -25 minutes to get them nicely browned on both sides.  Add a little salt and pepper to taste.

They were so good!  I am going to be making them this way instead of roasting them.  They are firm on the outside and soft on the inside, sort of like a french fry, but healthier.