About Feast Everyday

Based in Corning, New York and the beautiful Finger Lakes. Started in 2009 by Barbara Blumer with her family and friends. Her husband, Tom, now regularly contributes, too.

Over 900 Recipes and still growing

From muffins to curries with step-by-step photos and how-to tips: see recipe index https://feasteveryday.blogspot.com/p/recipes-index.html

Search This Food Blog

Monday, October 25, 2010

An Old Favorite

Curried Pumpkin Soup

Got a call from a friend who remembered my curried pumpkin soup.  He wanted to make it for his wife and himself.  So, I introduced him to the blog, and the recipe index on the home page, so he could look it up.

I love being able to look up Feast Everyday recipes online now.  The recipe index comes in handy, especially when I am in the grocery store and can't remember all of the ingredients for something I want to make.

It happened today, when I realized that this soup would taste so good today -- it is cold and rainy and miserable.  So, I came home and just finished making it.  It doesn't take long at all.  However, it is important to cook the base for a full five minutes to develop the flavors.  Today I cut the butter in the recipe in half and it still turned out well. 

For the recipe, click here:  Curried Pumpkin Soup, or go to the Recipe Index tab at the top of the home page, and page down until you find it under Soup of the Week.

B