About Feast Everyday

Based in Corning, New York and the beautiful Finger Lakes. Started in 2009 by Barbara Blumer with her family and friends. Her husband, Tom, now regularly contributes, too.

Over 900 Recipes and still growing

From muffins to curries with step-by-step photos and how-to tips: see recipe index https://feasteveryday.blogspot.com/p/recipes-index.html

Search This Food Blog

Monday, August 29, 2011

Muffin Mania

Muffins Three Ways
UPDATED 2020
What do you do while you wait for a tropical storm to wear itself out? You can't go outside.  Make muffins! That's what happened yesterday.  I was at the lake alone with our cat.... and a carton of buttermilk.
A carton of buttermilk will make three batches of muffins ---  1 1/4 cups for each batch.  So I made three, knowing I would freeze them.

The basic muffin recipe I used is from the Yellow Farmhouse Cookbook. Then I made different flavor combinations based on what I had on hand.  You can use whatever inspires you. Overripe fruit works very well, because the flavors are intensified.

Banana goes well with coconut, so that would be my first.   A good use of overripe bananas.

Peaches go well with Allspice.  With brown sugar on top.  That would be number 2.   


For the third, I thought a cinnamon-raisin-bread-style muffin would be good.  So, I went heavy on the cinnamon and used sweet golden raisins. Extra sugar and cinnamon on top.  If you like cinnamon raisin toast, then you will like them.


Now I have lots of muffins in the freezer for guests!  And the storm blew over.

Recipes are posted individually.  Click on the links below:
Banana Coconut Muffins
Peach Allspice Muffins
Cinnamon Raisin Muffins


Now I have lots of muffins in the freezer for guests.

---Barbara