About Feast Everyday

Based in Corning, New York and the beautiful Finger Lakes. Started in 2009 by Barbara Blumer with her family and friends. Her husband, Tom, now regularly contributes, too.

Over 900 Recipes and still growing

From muffins to curries with step-by-step photos and how-to tips: see recipe index https://feasteveryday.blogspot.com/p/recipes-index.html

Search This Food Blog

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Feast Everyday #3

Lemon Cupcake with Tangy Lemon Frosting and Toasted Pistachios

Hard for me to believe but it was three years ago this week that I started Feast Everyday. 

To celebrate, I made one of our favorite recipes from the blog, Lemon Pound Cake, but made cupcakes instead of a loaf, and added frosting and toasted pistachios. 

As usual, this twist created some problems I had to solve.  The cupcakes stuck to the pan, because I didn't remove them before poking and dousing them with the lemon syrup.  Had to cut the top off, and "glue" it back on with frosting, once I dug the cupcake out of the pan.

I still had fun, and that's what this blog is all about:  enjoying the adventure of creating good food in the kitchen ---discovering new techniques, ingredients, and recipes---then sharing it with family and friends.

Thank you to everyone who follows the blog, and/or contributes their comments, and recipes.

And a special thank you to my husband, Tom, who supports whatever crazy thing I do.

B