About Feast Everyday

Based in Corning, New York and the beautiful Finger Lakes. Started in 2009 by Barbara Blumer with her family and friends. Her husband, Tom, now regularly contributes, too.

Over 900 Recipes and still growing

From muffins to curries with step-by-step photos and how-to tips: see recipe index https://feasteveryday.blogspot.com/p/recipes-index.html

Search This Food Blog

Monday, November 9, 2015

Cranberry Sauce can be frozen


I made cranberry sauce yesterday, and froze it.  Who knew? I didn't.

I have been researching what you can and cannot freeze for Thanksgiving...

Because it is going to be crunch-time when we return from a wedding in Chicago on the Monday before Thanksgiving.

I am getting as many things done as I can ahead of time, so I can relax and enjoying seeing our kids and grandkids.
Here is the recipe I like to make for cranberry sauce.  Click herehttp://feasteveryday.blogspot.com/2012/12/cranberry-orange-sauce.html


I applied a layer of plastic wrap to the surface to keep it more air-tight and to avoid creating a skin on on the surface.

Now I just need to remember to defrost it, and transfer to a serving bowl when the time comes.

B