About Feast Everyday

Based in Corning, New York and the beautiful Finger Lakes. Started in 2009 by Barbara Blumer with her family and friends. Her husband, Tom, now regularly contributes, too.

Over 900 Recipes and still growing

From muffins to curries with step-by-step photos and how-to tips: see recipe index https://feasteveryday.blogspot.com/p/recipes-index.html

Search This Food Blog

Saturday, November 2, 2019

Honey from Peigi the Beekeeper



I was the lucky recipient of a jar of Peigi's honey last week.  Peigi had shared this post on Facebook with her friends:

"One of my goals I set for myself in retirement was to get back to beekeeping.  I am pleased to report that we just finished harvesting, extracting and bottling over 100# of honey.  A little late in the season, but it feels good!" ---Peigi



I asked Peigi how she uses her honey, just in tea?  She said we use it for everything...  although not often for tea because I don't like my tea sweet.  So I asked if she used it in place of sugar in recipes.  Gosh...  we use it in pies and pie crusts, pancakes, chili, ribs, many chicken recipes, etc..

So I decided to put honey in the search engine for Feast Everyday and had fun seeing all the recipes we've posted over the years which utilize honey.  Here are 10 recipes that might be fun to try again.  Click on the recipe title to go to the post.  
---Barbara


Honey Buns

Grilled Coriander Honey BBQ Chicken

Grilled Honey Hoisin Pork Tenderloin

Peanut Butter and Honey Blondies

Ginger Honey Muffins with Apricots, Toasted Coconut and Slivered Almonds

Bacon Wrapped Honey Chicken

High Fiber Bran Muffins

Roasted Winter Veggies with Miso Dressing and Sesame Seeds

Hoisin Pork Chops by Tom

Lime and Honey Glazed Salmon