About Feast Everyday

Based in Corning, New York and the beautiful Finger Lakes. Started in 2009 by Barbara Blumer with her family and friends. Her husband, Tom, now regularly contributes, too.

Over 900 Recipes and still growing

From muffins to curries with step-by-step photos and how-to tips: see recipe index https://feasteveryday.blogspot.com/p/recipes-index.html

Search This Food Blog

Monday, February 26, 2024

Lobster Cobb Salad (Beach House)


Another first for me: Lobster Cobb Salad.  

I tried it because I was surprised to see blue cheese paired with lobster. 

Now I know from googling this morning that it is a popular salad with many variations. Ina Garten and lots of foodies have posted recipes. 

This is Beach House in Hale’iwa, Hawaii’s version:

warm lobster and grilled croutons served atop waipoli greens ( similar to butter lettuce) with blue cheese, tomato, bacon, and a 7-minute egg, tossed in an avocado ranch dressing

What I enjoyed about their salad was the variety of creamy and crunchy textures and the little pops of flavor from the bacon and the blue cheese. The lobster was not overwhelmed by the blue cheese which surprised me. 

I want to try making this at home. 

B