Salmon with Dill Coconut Sauce over Corn, Tomatoes, and Green Beans (NYT) by Barbara


In NYTimes Cooking one morning, they featured a grilled salmon in a foil recipe. Coconut Dill Salmon with Green Beans and Corn by Yewande Komolafe.

We had all of the ingredients except the coconut cream, so I thought, let's try an oven version just for two.  (It was too rainy outside to grill.) I defrosted salmon fillets and Tom shopped for the coconut cream.  

It turned out pretty well, but I'd recommend you go with the NYTime version in foil packets if you want to try it.  

I will save the recipe for the dressing.  It is light and refreshing.  

All in all it was a good experiment.  
 
---Barbara
The uncooked corn and tomato base with fresh dill was a nice change for a salmon dish.  I microwaved french green beans to add to the mix.  
The coconut cream sauce was too soupy.  Look how much was left in the bottom of the bowl.  I am not sure why you would need so much sauce.  But it gets a 5 star rating so maybe grilling needs more sauce to keep the fish moist.  They seem to use half in the foil packet of salmon on the grill, 1/4 of it on the veggies, and the remaining 1/4 on top of the fish after it is down.  

The dressing is made of 1 cup unsweetened coconut cream, 1 cup chopped fresh dill, 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, and juice from 1 lemon.  
I roasted the salmon in the oven on 350 degrees for 20 minutes, skin side down and olive oil, salt and pepper with fresh dill on top of each fillet.  

B

For more recipes and experiments like this, see FeastEveryday.com 

About Feast Everyday

Based in Corning, New York and the beautiful Finger Lakes. Started in 2009-2026 by Barbara Blumer with her family and friends. Her husband, Tom, now regularly contributes, too. Over 1000 recipes. FeastEveryday.com Follow on Instagram @BarbBlumer_food.