About Feast Everyday

Based in Corning, New York and the beautiful Finger Lakes. Started in 2009 by Barbara Blumer with her family and friends. Her husband, Tom, now regularly contributes, too.

Over 900 Recipes and still growing

From muffins to curries with step-by-step photos and how-to tips: see recipe index https://feasteveryday.blogspot.com/p/recipes-index.html

Search This Food Blog

Monday, November 25, 2013

Thanksgiving Recipes for Veggies?

First of all,  Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who has taken the time to read this blog! 

We are going on the 5th year of sharing recipes and food adventures here on Feast Everyday, and I really appreciate everyone who has participated or followed the blog.

I am finding myself relying on the Recipe Index more and more to look up the recipes we use frequently or ingredients needed for holiday meals while I am shopping. 

This Thanksgiving I am using
Plus my cousin, Susan, showed me a recipe she uses for a baked egg casserole which  I'll try for breakfast and post afterwards.

But this year I am still stuck on what vegetables to make --- which don't either take up my oven while the turkey is still cooking --- or interfere with gravy making on the stove top.

I usually roast brussel sprouts because Tom loves them so much, and sauté another like glazed carrots for color.  But they are a hassle to do with everything else going on.

Ideally, I'd like a vegetable (or two) which I could pre-cook, at least partially, and then reheat in the microwave, or keep warm on a hot plate.

Any suggestions?????

B

Also, while you are cooking this year, please think about taking a photo (cell phone ones are fine) and sharing some of your favorites with us.