About Feast Everyday

Based in Corning, New York and the beautiful Finger Lakes. Started in 2009 by Barbara Blumer with her family and friends. Her husband, Tom, now regularly contributes, too.

Over 900 Recipes and still growing

From muffins to curries with step-by-step photos and how-to tips: see recipe index https://feasteveryday.blogspot.com/p/recipes-index.html

Search This Food Blog

Saturday, April 30, 2011

My New Gadget

My new gadget is an old-fashioned timer.

Don't know about you, but I have a habit of putting the oven timer on, leaving the kitchen, then becoming distracted, only to realize that the buzzer has gone off, but I didn't hear it, until something begins to gnaw at me.

Then I realize that the electric timer has been beeping every 30 seconds to remind me, "Beep! Beep! You have forgotten to pull me out of the oven!"  So, I jump up and dash in there hoping I have not ruined what I was baking.

Problem solved.  Now I take my new timer with me as back-up. It has a magnet on the back, too, so you can attach it to the fridge. 
B